Strong Schools, Strong Communities
拜伦中心公立学校 is responsible for educating nearly 4,000 students. The buildings include the 儿童早期 Center, three K-4 Elementary Buildings (Brown Elementary, 农村小学, 和马歇尔小学), Nickels Intermediate (5th-6th Grade), Byron Center West Middle School (7th-8th Grade), and Byron Center High School (9th-12th Grades). BCPS works hard to support students’ learning through the academics, athletics, and the 艺术s. 此外, 拜伦中心公立学校 understands that meeting students’ social and emotional needs is also an integral p艺术 of the learning process.
Helping students build success stories.
Strengthening our schools strengthens our future workforce, helping develop talent right here in our district. The students and staff in 拜伦中心公立学校 are grateful to our voters for approving the Strong Schools, Strong Communities millage which we are putting to good use for students. We help students consider and connect with possible careers, build the skills expected in the workplace and learn about options after graduation, 包括大学, technical training or going directly into the workforce. We offer career and technical coursework through uedbet官网, uedbet官网过渡中心, and through courses that are set within our curriculum at 拜伦中心公立学校.
Strong academics are the basis for all of K-12 learning, 从读写能力开始, 数学, 科学, 社会研究. 除了这些领域, we engage students with a wide range of courses including foreign languages, 艺术, 阀杆和STEAM, AP and Honors courses as well as after-school opportunities ranging from school sports, 俱乐部, 还有美术
Most students will need a little help at some point in their schooling. They might struggle with a p艺术icular subject, 一项任务, or a life challenge for themselves or their family. We work hard to support students so they succeed, including hiring the best staff to assist them. We support the social/emotional needs of children through a full-time counseling staff and the academic needs of children through highly qualified Interventionists, 学术支持导师, and various after school opportunities.
Early childhood is a crucial time in children’s lives, a time when they engage in the world around them and learn all the basics they will use in school and beyond. Our Great St艺术 Readiness Preschool classroom helps children prepare for school success. 除了, 拜伦中心公立学校 offers a private pre-school for our three-year-old and four-year-old learners. The 儿童早期 Staff work collaboratively with our elementary staff to ensure students are kinderg艺术en-ready.
How Byron Center is using the funds generated from the enhancement millage:
- Enhancement funding areas focus on social, emotional and behavioral supports in the classrooms. Specifically, counseling and behavior intervention have now been implemented in the K-12 setting.
- Funding has also been used for increased support in academic areas such as math and reading. Interventionists have been hired to support all levels of academic learning. 通过这种支持, students are able to be met at their ability and continue to excel academically.
- Extra funding has been used to create successful extracurricular programs to support out of the classroom initiatives. One specific area that the enhancement funding has helped accomplish is an after-school program at the intermediate school. Through this program students get continued support beyond the normal school day.
Byron Center has received the following in enhancement millage dollars:
- 2017-18 amount received - $848,903.45
- 2018-19 amount received - $939,195.40
- 2019-20 amount received - $1,004,494.70
- 2020-21 amount received - $1,063,341.05
- 2021-22 amount received - $1,150,792.78
- 2022-23 amount expected - $1,233,946.23
拜伦中心公立学校, 与社区合作, will educate and prepare each student to be a responsible citizen capable of pursuing life goals, 现在和将来.
"Helping 学生 Build Success Stories."
From 儿童早期 programs to college-level Advanced Placement classes, 我们的目标是毕业关怀, educated adults with extraordinary involvement from parents, and an exceptional staff committed to the success of each student. We truly are "opening the doors of tomorrow for students today."
- 校舍- 6幢
- 学生人数- 3500 +